Friday, March 11, 2016

Sushi Sei @ the IFC Mall

Central Binge (n):  When I go into Central and do as much as I can within a short span of time.

I often go on Central binges when I do make it into the city these days.  I had a time limit of three hours before an appointment…within those three hours, I went to pick up some books at the Central Library, bought some baby gear at Bumps to Babes, grocery shopped at City Super, bought some takeout from Tim Ho Wan, and had lunch at the IFC's Sushi Sei…

So, it was a morning of the Hong Kong Hustle, but I had enough time to enjoy my lunch.



Sushi Sei Info:
Location
Shop 2016 IFC Mall
8 Finance Street
Central

Hours
Lunch
Mondays - Fridays from 11:30 - 3 pm
Weekends (+ Public Holidays) from noon - 5:30 pm

Dinner 
Mondays - Fridays from 6 - 10:30 pm
Weekends (+ Public Holidays) from 6 - 10:30 pm



This was definitely one of the fancier Japanese restaurants I've been to.  The staff were really nice too.  They really took care of us, which is a really nice change from people just giving us food and not minding if we enjoyed it or not…


The place was quite nice and modern.  There were little touches of Japanese culture here and there…


We got one Donburi Set, which came with a small salad…



…a small bowl of noodles…


…and our tuna donburi…


We also got an oyster to test out…which was really nice!


We got a spinach salad to test out, which was also really nice.  It had little shrimp in the dressing, which made it have a nice little crunch.


And we got a tempura set on the side…


Overall, the food was really good.  I'm not sure about this, but we were served brown rice…which always seems like a healthier option than white rice!  It was also quite nice sitting at the bar because we could see the sushi chefs make sushi.  That was really a good experience, which reminded me of when I was in Tsukiji (or Japan in GENERAL!)!


This was totally a nice place to try out.  TOTALLY RECOMMENDED to those who are in the IFC and looking for a nice Japanese restaurant!