Friday, March 18, 2016

First Friday: Chocolate Binge

In the beginning, it started with a gift of Ferrero Rochers.  They just sat on our coffee table for most of the Chinese New Year…and then, just out of sheer desire to clear out some of the junk food from our home, I opened it up, popped one in my mouth…and then popped five more into my mouth. 


It was like a gateway chocolate.  I mean, I haven't really had any bit of chocolate for a few months now…just because I'm not that much of a chocolate person.  But, this is what started me off on my most recent (this week's) chocolate binge.


And then it happened…


It's been a long time since I've gone out of my way to pick up a bar of chocolate and just enjoy its sweet lovely chocolateness.  When I went down to the grocery store, I saw it at the register and was tempted to pick, not one, but several up!  Yup, just like the Ferrero Rochers.  You can't just have one!

The chocolate bars above were from One Vegan Shop and vary around the $40 HKD mark.  I decided to pick up one of each flavor and have so far enjoyed the ginger, orange and mint ones.  The regular milk chocolate and the lux chocolate bars were also quite nice.  Actually…they all were really nice treats and were consumed within two days.  

The bars, by the way, are not that small…so imagine five 6 inch by 4 inch (approximately) bar of vegan chocolate being consumed with in two days!

Image blurry due to Chocolate Binge state
The same day that I bought those vegan chocolates, I had popped into Taste and wandered over to the candy aisle and picked myself up some Lindt chocolate bars.  I had taken a glance over at the Cadbury chocolate bars…but decided that I should probably go healthy!  LIKE EATING THIS MUCH CHOCOLATE could be healthy!

Anyhow, I sort of reasoned that I could split some of the bars up with my parents (who are visiting) and my husband.  I mean, who doesn't love a bit of chocolate once in awhile!

And I thought I would go a bit more healthy and got the 99% Dark Chocolate Lindt Bars.


These are slower going because I like to savor dark chocolates more!

Fun Fact:  It wasn't until I was 30 years of age when I learned to savor the flavor of dark chocolate.  It was a friend that told me that you had to let it melt on your tongue.  And, you know what…it made eating dark chocolates more enjoyable!

There's always room for a bit of dark chocolate at the end of the evenings!


It's been a good past few days…munching on chocolate squares throughout my days.  I'm not sure if I'll be in the mood for munching on more chocolate bars, but this was definitely a good binge that I don't mind going through!