Wednesday, October 21, 2015

DIY: Dried Cranberry Muffins

'Tis the season for buying dried cranberries!

I was looking online for some muffin recipes and came across this one, which is a basic vanilla muffin recipe.

But, I decided to toss in some alternative ingredients and LOW AND BEHOLD, it turned out quite nice!


What you need:
1.  2 cups flour
2.  1 cup sugar
3.  1/2 teaspoon salt
4.  1 egg
5.  3/4 cup almond milk
6.  1/3 cup vegetable oil
7.  1 cup of dried cranberries
8.  1 teaspoon vanilla extract


What I did:
1.  First, I incorporated all of the dry ingredients into a bowl:  flour, sugar, salt


2.  After mixing the dry ingredients together, I incorporated the wet ingredients:  egg, almond milk, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract


3.  After mixing all that together, I dropped in a cup of cranberries and mixed that into the batter


4.  Then I loaded my muffin batter into my cupcake cups and put them into my toaster oven for about 22 minutes.

NOTE:  My toaster oven was set to the highest heat, which I have no idea what it is because it is not written anywhere.   This is where I kept an eye on my muffins to see if they were cooking through (I stuck a toothpick through the center of a few to see if the batter was completely baked).


5.  After about 22 minutes, I pulled the muffins out and let them cool before putting in my second load!


In the end, here is what I got.  They were actually quite CONDENSED and HEAVY.  I think it was because I didn't use self-rising flour and olive oil.

But, they where really nice to eat.

Next time, I'm going to try them with self-risng flour for sure…and some vegetable oil!