Wednesday, June 10, 2015

O Green Cafe

The O Green Cafe gets a lot of praise from a lot of people because of its healthy organicness.  Online, people have said that it was a vegetarian place.  Being that I was having dinner with a vegetarian friend, I thought it would be nice to try this place out.

FIRST THING TO NOTE:  This place is not vegetarian, but they do have a lot of vegetarian options.  For those carnivores out there, there are organic meaty dishes available.

Shop E, G/F Fu Fai Commercial Centre
27 Hillier Street
Sheung Wan
HONG KONG

Open Mondays - Fridays from 8 am - 9 pm
Open Saturdays from 11:30 am - 9 pm

Reservations available!


How to get here:
1.  From Sheung Wan MTR Exit A2, walk up Hillier Street
2.  In about 5 minutes, O Green Cafe will be on your right


My friend ordered a beetroot, apple, and artichoke salad…


I got the Vegan Burger…


…with a side of apple, avocado and sesame seed salad.


Salads are one of my favorite things to eat.  And there are quite a bit of awesome salad places around Hong Kong.

Overall, this place:
1.  was delicious,
2.  had quick service,
3.  had incredibly fresh veggies,
4.  was nice and quiet,
5.  in a convenient location,
6.  and had a great window seat where we could people watch.

Both of our meals were $158 HKD + an overall service charge of 10%.  The grand total of our dinner was $348 HKD.  Considering that all the food was organic, I wouldn't mind paying the price.

I wasn't so overly enthusiastic over the meal, but I wouldn't mind returning if I were in the area.

I think, since I live up in the Yuen Long area, that there are a lot better options for restaurants that offer organic produce, etc:

1.  O Veg is my all time favorite place!

2.  Choy's Restaurant is my second all time favorite place!


Still, it is nice to see that there are a lot more options for organic foods in Hong Kong...