Monday, February 2, 2015

Amazing Finds: Hong Kong Sitting Areas

We were walking around Lan Kwai Fong and decided to have an outdoor picnic in the Lok Hing Lane Sitting-Out area.  There are spots around Hong Kong that are designated Sitting-Out areas.  I love them, as most of my life here consists of walking miles to get to destinations.  It's always nice to have a place to sit, relax, and take in the warmth of the sunshine.


The cool thing about the Lok Hing Lane Sitting-Out area is that it is completely covered with graffiti, which I think qualifies it as needing a blog post of its own (sort of…I do want to share a little something extra at the end of this post, though).

It's one of the tourist attractions around the Central area, as it is quite near Lan Kwai Fong and the Pottinger Street Steps.

***Warning:  Graffiti Art Overload!***














Also, while walking around Central, I spotted these two beautiful bits of art on the walls of some buildings near the PMQ.  They're a bit more planned out and labor intensive (perhaps) than the visuals at Lok Hing Lane, but I just thought it would be nice to share.

Usually, I find myself walking through the city, trying to get to places and not really looking at the sights around me.  There are really some amazing finds...



It's so amazing to see what you can find around the corner sometimes!