Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Eats Week: Bread n Butter Cafe @ PMQ

Bread n Butter is a lovely little shop that often sells lovely little dresses, cardigans, and flats.  Low and behold, they also have a cafe at the PMQ:  Showcase by Bread N Butter.

There is an indoor and veranda/terrace seating area, where we chose to sit.  The theme of the restaurant was a little bit French, a little bit white-birdcage-y, and a little bit colonial.  

Tea offered - Twinnings (We got Earl Grey)

Small but mighty afternoon tea set

Crepe

Scones with jam and butter

Dessert tray

My favorite dessert - fruit tart


The Review:
1.  Presentation (3 out of 5)  It was simple.  It was clean.  There was no fuss. 


2.  Taste (3 out of 5)  The crepe was a bit dry, the cheesecake was all right, and the tea was what I drink on the daily.  The scones were average.  You can't go wrong with a scone!  The food was just average.  It was good.  It filled my stomach on this afternoon.

3.  Service (5 out of 5)  I said it once and I'll say it again, "I love when the staff just leave you to your chatting!"  The service at the cash register was so nice.  When the staff set down our tea set, the just smiled, showed us where to fetch our utensils, and said, "Enjoy!"  Then they left us to  our chatting for hours.  That's superb service in my book.

4.  Atmosphere (5 out of 5)  We went on a week day for afternoon tea.  It was beautifully quiet and empty.  Plus, sitting outside was a lovely experience, so calming!  I loved the atmosphere a lot!  Plus, there were pillows on the couch that I was sitting on, which made it feel so comfortable and relaxing to sit for hours.

5.  Return-ability (5 out of 5)  This place is so affordable, so quick, and so easy.  I'd definitely come back more regularly than some other afternoon tea places that I've been to.