Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Antiquing in Sheung Wan

Since I have been in the mood for antiquing, I decided to head out to Sheung Wan and see if I could find anything cool to add to my home.  A good place to wander around is Hollywood Road and Tung Street or Upper Lascar Row and and Tung Street.

The wandering doesn't take long because you'll find shops like the ones featured below, which are packed floor to ceiling with amazing finds!


There are a lot of great stuff from decades past as well as some things from just a few years past.


If you are into CD collections, this place had some amazing bins of albums from Whitney Houston to the Bee Gees.




Along Upper Lascar Row and Lok Ku Road, a woman had rented out several little kiosks that had thousands of wonderful things stocked within them.


There are even Goodwill worthy items (sports gear) that are splayed out on the side streets.




It's so wonderful to be able to be the true blue hoarder that I am sometimes.  I didn't actually purchase anything, but I did find hours of entertainment in delving through stacks, bins, and shelves of old things.  It's a great way to spend the afternoon!