Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Afternoon Tea @ Sky City, Marriott Hotel

Today, my friend and I ventured out to the Marriott to try out their Afternoon Tea set.  This hotel is incredibly easy to get to.  For those who don't drive, from Tung Chung MTR Exit A, there is a shuttle that comes every half an hour.  Afternoon Tea starts at 3pm and the shuttle leaves the MTR Station at 2:45.  So, if you want to be the early bird, it is definitely possible to get to The Lounge at exactly 3pm!



Twinings Tea



Scones
Chicken Curry Tarts, Spring Rolls, Salmon Sandwich

Cream and Radish Sandwich, Roast Beef Sandwich

Honey Macarons, Apple Crumble Tarts

Apple Crumble Tarts, Honey Cake

Raspberry Jelly, Raspberry Cheesecake

Chocolate Cake, Bits of Chocolate

Chocolate Biscuits, Honey Bunt Cake


The Review:

1.  Presentation (4 out of 5)  I liked the modern look of the Afternoon Tea set.  I really liked the tea pots because they were cool to the touch, but kept the tea nicely hot.

2.  Taste (3 out of 5)  Today, I wasn't caring much for the sweet treats.  And honey flavored things aren't my best friends.  It was average.  The sandwiches were the best part of the set for me.  The jelly things were not my cup of tea, but were interesting to sample.  I liked how this set forced you to split things in half.  So, my friend and I could both sample things. 

3.  Service (5 out of 5)   The staff were so accommodating.  They made sure our tea pots were always full and left us to our chatting.  I like the balance of service and allowing customers enough private time.  

4.  Atmosphere (4 out of 5)  The Lounge is really a great place to people watch, relax, and watch the landing planes.  The seats are comfy, the light shines in, the space is huge...a really nice place.  It wasn't crowded like most of the Afternoon Tea places that attract a lot of tourist attention.


5.  Return-ability (5 out of 5)  I have already decided to take my parents here!  It is a nice location, The Lounge staff are so nice, and it is great to watch the planes fly over throughout the afternoon.